Obesity is one of the most common modern health problems, and it can be a result of various factors, therefore, its treatments can be different.
Yet, various methods often fail to provide results, so researchers have finally found the reason for it.
A recent Yorkshire Health study involved 4,000 obese adults, who were divided into 6 categories:
- Young healthy females – obese women who generally had fewer obesity-related issues, like type 2 diabetes
- Heavy-drinking males — obese men with fewer problems due to obesity, but with higher alcohol intake
- Unhappy and anxious middle-aged – predominantly women with damaged mental health and wellbeing
- Affluent and healthy elderly – people with generally optimal health, but defining features of higher alcohol intake and high blood pressure
- Physically sick but happy elderly – older people with good mental health, who suffer from chronic diseases, like osteoarthritis
- Poorest health – people who suffer from the greatest number of chronic diseases and who were the most economically deprived
The importance of this study is that researchers took various factors into consideration, which is a great step in the treatment of obesity.
Body fat distribution can be of two types- android and gynoid.
“An ‘android’ fat distribution pattern is so called because more men than women exhibit it. You may have heard it described as an ‘apple’ body type when the waist circumference is greater than that of the hips.”
On the other hand,
“A ‘gynoid’ distribution is most commonly seen in women. This is what many call the ‘pear’ body shape. In this pattern, hip circumference is greater than waist circumference.”
To burn the fat accumulated in the certain body area, you need to know the cause of its development.
We will explain this in more details to help you get rid of the accumulated fat:
1- Upper Body Obesity (Android)
In this group, we classify people who eat a lot and are physically inactive. You should limit the intake of sweets, and exercise for at least half an hour daily.